Rosemary Grapefruit Cocktail
H A P P Y W E D N E S D A Y!
As it's officially Spring, I wanted to share this refreshing cocktail that was created by Eva @ happilyevaafter.com. To see her original post you can click here.
This cocktail is perfect for the upcoming season with it's sweet grapefruit taste that's accompanied by the fresh rosemary. It can be made with either Vodka or Gin. Personally I prefer Hendricks - which is what I'll be using today.
Please keep in mind: this recipe calls for rosemary simple syrup which takes about 40 minutes to make. (If you don't already own some.)
As this recipe contains alcohol, please consume responsibly.
A F E W T I P S:
◆ To make as a mocktail: replace alcohol with more soda water or fresh grapefruit juice. (Depending if you want a more sweet or mellow drink.)
◆ If soda water isn't masking the Gin enough, substitute it for tonic water.
◆ Use fresh squeezed grapefruit juice for best results
◆ I highly recommend using Fever Tree or another high quality mixer. Avoid using mixers that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.
I N G R E D I E N T S
R O S E M A R Y S I M P L E S Y R U P
◆½ cup water
◆½ cup sugar
◆2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
C O C K T A I L
◆2-3 oz Hendricks Gin*
◆3 oz Grapefruit juice (best if fresh squeezed)
◆1 TBS rosemary simple syrup
◆Club Soda or Tonic Water
◆Rosemary + grapefruit slice to garnish
*Hendricks is higher quality Gin therefor
you don't need to mask the taste.
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1) Combine water, sugar and rosemary leaves into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Once boiling: simmer for 1 minute then remove from heat.
3) Let the syrup sit for 30 minutes
4) Strain using a fine-mesh strainer then store in an airtight container.
5) Mix the vodka or gin, fresh grapefruit juice, and the rosemary simple syrup by shaking them in a cocktail maker.
6) Pour in your favorite glass filled with ice then top with soda water + garnishments.
7) Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite spring/summer cocktails or mocktails?
If you know of any great recipes I should try, leave a comment below!
There will also be a new YouTube video will be out later this week :)
Until next time,