Rosemary Grapefruit Cocktail
H A P P Y W E D N E S D A Y!
This cocktail is perfect for the upcoming season with it's sweet grapefruit taste that's accompanied by the fresh rosemary. It can be made with either Vodka or Gin. Personally I prefer Hendricks - which is what I'll be using today.
Please keep in mind: this recipe calls for rosemary simple syrup which takes about 40 minutes to make. (If you don't already own some.)
As this recipe contains alcohol, please consume responsibly.
A F E W T I P S:
◆ To make as a mocktail: replace alcohol with more soda water or fresh grapefruit juice. (Depending if you want a more sweet or mellow drink.)
◆ If soda water isn't masking the Gin enough, substitute it for tonic water.
◆ Use fresh squeezed grapefruit juice for best results
◆ I highly recommend using Fever Tree or another high quality mixer. Avoid using mixers that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.
I N G R E D I E N T S
R O S E M A R Y S I M P L E S Y R U P
◆½ cup water
◆½ cup sugar
◆2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
C O C K T A I L
◆2-3 oz Hendricks Gin*
◆3 oz Grapefruit juice (best if fresh squeezed)
◆1 TBS rosemary simple syrup
◆Club Soda or Tonic Water
◆Rosemary + grapefruit slice to garnish
*Hendricks is higher quality Gin therefor
you don't need to mask the taste.
I N S T R U C T I O N S
1) Combine water, sugar and rosemary leaves into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Once boiling: simmer for 1 minute then remove from heat.
3) Let the syrup sit for 30 minutes
4) Strain using a fine-mesh strainer then store in an airtight container.
5) Mix the vodka or gin, fresh grapefruit juice, and the rosemary simple syrup by shaking them in a cocktail maker.
6) Pour in your favorite glass filled with ice then top with soda water + garnishments.
7) Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite spring/summer cocktails or mocktails?
If you know of any great recipes I should try, leave a comment below!
There will also be a new YouTube video will be out later this week :)
Until next time,